The amount you are allowed to contribute changes each year. The amount is different for individual versus family health coverage. Plus, if you are between the ages 55-65, you are allowed a catch up contribution. Please see the HSA Contributions section for the current limits.
HSA funds may only reimburse services or treatments that qualify as “medical care” as defined by Internal Revenue Code Section 213(d). Generally, medical care means expenses incurred to diagnose, cure, treat, mitigate or prevent a disease, or for the purpose of affecting any structure or function of the body. Examples include but are not limited to:
  • Deductibles
  • Flu Shots
  • Ambulance
  • Contraception
  • Physical Therapy
  • Chiropractic Treatment
  • Insulin
  • Lab Fees
  • Contact Lenses
  • Prescriptions
Yes, you can use HSA funds to cover qualified medical expenses for you, your spouse and any dependent children included on your income tax return.
There are three ways to contribute to your HSA:
  1. Payroll deduction (if offered by your employer)
  2. Electronic Transfer from your checking or savings within Online Banking
  3. Mail a check to:
    Sharonview Federal Credit Union
    PO Box 2070
    Fort Mill, SC 29716
You can use the Sharonview Visa® HSA debit card to pay for all of your medical expenses wherever Visa is accepted. If you do not have an HSA debit card, please contact us to request one.
Need a reason to choose Sharonview?
you decide
Everything we do is geared toward helping you improve your financial standing, all while treating you the way you deserve. Experience the Sharonview difference.