We're proud to support the academic goals of our young members. Each year, we honor deserving students with scholarship money to help with the costs of their undergraduate degree by awarding the Sharonview Cares Scholarship in memory of Paul Paliyenko.
*** The period for 2019 scholarship applications has ended. We will reach out to finalists by April 16, 2019. ***
About the Scholarship
Paul Paliyenko, who served on Sharonview’s Board of Directors for more than 25 years, felt it was the Credit Union’s first duty to serve its members. He insisted that it was the responsibility of the Credit Union to create not only the best returns for its members, but to establish a trusting relationship with them. Paliyenko’s drive to care for the member is why we honor his memory with the Sharonview Cares Scholarship.
To be eligible for one of our scholarships, you must be a member in good standing with us and meet these criteria:
- The member has a non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Any GPA higher than 4.0 must be converted by your school administration to a non-weighted GPA then documented on official letterhead. Transcripts submitted with a weighted GPA will not be considered and will disqualify an applicant.)
- The member is seeking an Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or vocational college.
- The member will be enrolled in either a two- or four-year, accredited educational institution.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
Applicants should use only the space provided on the form to answer questions. Other than specified below, no attachments or material of any kind should be submitted or used to answer questions.
Before starting the application, make sure you have the following documents to attach at the end of this application.
- Obtain full transcript from an accredited educational institution. Partial transcripts and/or transcripts with a weighted GPA will not be considered for application.
- Secure documentation from school officials, volunteer organizations or employers for honors, awards and service hours.
This application will not be considered unless all information is completed in full and all requested documentation is provided. For our 2019 Scholarship program, all materials must have been submitted via this website by 11:59 p.m. on March 31, 2019.
Scholarship finalists will be asked to submit an essay. Those finalists will be selected and contacted on or after April 15 and given the essay prompt.at that time.