COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision to not offer the scholarships program this year.
We are disappointed that we will not be able to offer these scholarships this year and hope to continue our program again in 2021.
We're proud to support the academic goals of our young members. Each year, we honor deserving students with scholarship money to help with the costs of their undergraduate degree by awarding the Sharonview Cares Scholarship in memory of Paul Paliyenko.
About the Scholarship
Paul Paliyenko, who served on Sharonview’s Board of Directors for more than 25 years, felt it was the Credit Union’s first duty to serve its members. He insisted that it was the responsibility of the Credit Union to create not only the best returns for its members, but to establish a trusting relationship with them. Paliyenko’s drive to care for the member is why we honor his memory with the Sharonview Cares Scholarship.
To be eligible for one of our scholarships, you must be a member in good standing with us and meet these criteria:
- The member has a non-weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Any GPA higher than 4.0 must be converted by your school administration to a non-weighted GPA then documented on official letterhead. Transcripts submitted with a weighted GPA will not be considered and will disqualify an applicant.)
- The member is seeking an Undergraduate Degree from an accredited college or vocational college.
- The member will be enrolled in either a two- or four-year, accredited educational institution.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
Applicants should use only the space provided on the form to answer questions. Other than specified below, no attachments or material of any kind should be submitted or used to answer questions.
Before starting the application, make sure you have the following documents to attach at the end of this application.
- Obtain full transcript from an accredited educational institution. Partial transcripts and/or transcripts with a weighted GPA will not be considered for application.
- Secure documentation from school officials, volunteer organizations or employers for honors, awards and service hours.
Scholarship finalists will be asked to submit an essay. Those finalists will be selected and contacted and given the essay prompt at that time.